The Five Goals used by New Koforidua, the first Fair Trade Town in Ghana are:
1. There is a community link with a Fair Trade Town in a country where the FAIRTRADE mark is in existence.
2. Members of a cooperative that sells into the Fair Trade market are resident in the community.
3. Fair Trade and the FAIRTRADE mark is promoted throughout the schools, faith communities and other community organisations in the Town.
4. The community takes part in campaigning events, attracting media coverage where appropriate to promote Fair Trade and Trade Justice.
5. A local Fair Trade group is set up to ensure continued promotion of Fair Trade in the community.